01 February 2011

Location or Studio?

After the lecture on Monday about  'Studio VS Location' I came to the conclusion that my personal preference is shooting on location. I love shots that are taken in 'exotic locations'. When I look at a photograph I want to be involved in the image, I want to be transported there. I think the idea of escaping from reality appeals to me most when talking about the aesthetics of photography. Fantasy, fairytale, weird and wonderful, whimsical, futuristic and out-of the ordinary are words that spring to mind when trying to describe photography that I like.

Constructed scenes with a medley of props, colours and textures is something I would like to experiment with-Similar to the locations and set ups of  Tim Walker, Annie Leibovitz and David LaChapelle.

I have worked in the studio several times and I'm still very open to use a studio but I think the plain white background is something that I find quite daunting. I like photographs with a lot going on in them, 'more is more' in my opinion. As you can tell from looking at my previous posts I am influenced a lot by colour. I find that colour alone can be really inspiring. At the moment I think that I am referencing colour more as it is an escape from the dreary greys of Preston.

No comments:

Post a Comment