06 February 2011

David Stoupakis




David Stoupakis' work is new to me. I accidently stumbled across his portfolio on beingart.org, I really like the surreal, slightly macabre but still playful images that he has created. The children's facial expressions freak me out a little bit! I like the Victorian-esque costume mixed up with a random prop or animal(?) I think it would be really fun to do a shoot inspired by these images. The styling, use of colour and the composition of the images all work really well together.


"Much of my inspiration comes from discarded antique photos of children that I unearth. I like the idea of giving the child a new world to live in out of the dusty box in which I first found it." David Stoupakis



To see more of his work and other surreal artists on the site click here

No comments:

Post a Comment