28 January 2011

Kirsty Mitchell





 I think I honestly love every aspect of Kirsty Mitchell's 'Wonderland' series. The beautiful garden locations, the flawless styling and the captivating use of colour.
"The costumes, the props, the sets and accessories, are all part of the process that is finally recorded in the finished product of the photograph. It is driven by the need to produce tangible pieces of my dreams, and make it possible to step into the scenes for real. This physical creation is my favourite part, and has taken me to places I would have otherwise never known. I have walked on snow covered in flowers, stood in lakes at sunset, painted trees, set fire to chairs, made smoking umbrellas, and giant wigs from stolen flowers. I have laughed, been overwhelmed, and left in awe of all the things I had previously passed unnoticed until now ......."
http://www.kirstymitchellphotography.com/home.php

No comments:

Post a Comment